Group Trips on a Budget
DELIVER THE WOW FACTOR – UNDER BUDGET!
San Francisco and Northern California have everything you need to deliver a fabulous event with incredible pre and post options to meet anyone’s tastes.
Many Northern California destinations may offer great value for the money, but it still has to be in the budget!
Take your group where your money goes further and you still get the WOW factor! Take them to Yosemite and Historic Gold Country!
Only 2 ½ to 3 hours driving time from San Francisco or Silicon Valley (and just 2 hours from Sacramento) at prices well below those found in the greater Bay Area you can…
- Explore Yosemite National Park: a global icon and one of California’s biggest attractions:
- Hold your meeting…
- At a rustic mountain retreat or inside a winery
- On an historic train or a houseboat on a lake
- In a 19th century opera house or take over an entire restored 1849 Gold-rush town for starters.
- Go golfing, hiking or biking in the magnificent Sierra Nevada white-water rafting, zip lining in a cavern, or just relax on a lake or in the tall pines.
- Enjoy an evening of live theater for a price you won’t believe. You can even take over one of the historic theaters for a private performance or event.
- Visit any of several dozen wineries, shop for antiques and take in the real, “old west” in places like Jamestown, Columbia, Chinese Camp, Groveland and Sonora – all of which look like movie sets…and frequently are!
- Find quality lodging at prices well below what you’d pay to the north or south of San Francisco and Silicon Valley…even in high season!
Yosemite, Gold Country and the neighboring foothills and mountain communities are the perfect pairing for Bay Area meetings and incentives buyers seeking a more cost-effective venue or a unique pre or post experience with their Bay Area event.
A BAKER’S DOZEN OF IDEAS FOR YOUR NEXT EVENT!
1. Strike it rich! Pan for gold just like the 49er’s did over a century ago.
2. Ride the wave! Take your group white-water rafting in the magnificent Sierra Nevada Mountains.
3. Go on safari! Take a photo safari of Yosemite National Park with professional photographers.
4. Be on the next stage out of town! Ride a stagecoach in and around Columbia State Historic Park and experience the Old West the way it really was.
5. Go underground! Visit Mercer Caverns, Moaning Caverns or the California State Cavern Historic Landmark.
6. All aboard! Ride the “Movie Train” (Its appeared in over 300 films and TV shows) at Railtown 1897 Historic State Park. While you’re there take in the great photos and history of Hollywood’s version of the Old West.
7. Go natural!! Hold your next event under the tall pines. Our guest ranches and lodges offer ideal outdoor meeting space in quiet environments enhancing creativity and Communication.
8. Saddle Up for the Mother Lode Roundup Rodeo and Parade on Mother’s Day Weekend. The parade is one of the longest in the state: 2nd only to the Rose Parade in Pasadena.
9. Enjoy a bit of the grape! Visit the “other” wine country of Tuolumne and Calaveras Counties with some 30 wineries to choose from.
10. Enjoy “Broadway” for less than $30 per person! Take in a live theater performance at prices you and your group can afford.
11. Take a hike! Be it a nice gentle stroll through Yosemite Valley, an overnight trek in the high country or a horseback or llama ride on our 700 plus miles of trails, you’ll see some of the most magnificent scenery found anywhere on Earth.
12. Step back in time! Take a leisurely walk through our Gold Rush era communities and enjoy the local museums, antique stores and charming old west architecture of quaint towns with wooden sidewalks that attracted gold seekers from around the world.
13. Sit back, relax & have fun! Ride a jet ski, motorboat, houseboat, kayak or a paddle boat or just enjoy the scenery, with or without a fishing pole at one of our 7 lakes ranging from the oak-studded foothills to the pristine cool waters of Pinecrest Lake up in the high country.
Tuolumne County and the surrounding foothills region offer:
- Four-season recreational activities ranging from 500 ft. elevation to over 10,000 ft. elevation
- Gold-rush era history and the old west as it really was
- Great cultural attractions and activities: museums, theater and more
- Meeting venues of every type
- ALL OF THE ABOVE AT A PRICE YOU WON’T BELIEVE